Giving to Research
Consider making a donation to the Froedtert Hospital Foundation.
Patients turn to Froedtert Hospital for advanced care made possible by research. The breadth and volume of medical research at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, eastern Wisconsin’s only academic medical center, is unmatched in our region.
Increasingly, donors to Froedtert Hospital Foundation are supporting clinical research. Although gifts may take many forms — grateful patients expressing appreciation for their care with an annual gift, a family remembering a loved one with a memorial or tribute gift, or an individual including Froedtert in his or her estate plan — donors have a shared interest in alleviating human suffering.
In the past year, gifts from individuals and charitable foundations have supported a wide range of research projects, including:
- Alzheimer’s disease brain imaging and drug research
- A prostate cancer study focusing on high-intensity ultrasound as potential treatment
- A study seeking to better understand how cancer treatment affects cognition, and how to minimize and possibly prevent these cognitive changes
- An ovarian cancer study examining the effectiveness of specific drug treatments
- Research into the development of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and its progression into cirrhosis and liver failure
Big or small, gifts of all sizes matter. Contributions can be pooled together, providing critical start-up or bridge funding for investigators, allowing them to get the data necessary to pursue highly competitive external grants. In many cases, philanthropy is the only way to start or continue promising studies. Gifts to the Froedtert Hospital Foundation for research can be directed to disease-specific funds.
To make a donation or learn more, go to froedterthospitalfoundation.org or call 414-805-2699.
Source: Froedtert Today
Date: May 2010
Online Editor(s): Robin Schultz