Hospital Announces Nursing Excellence Award Winners
Wauwatosa, Wis. (June 24, 2010) — Froedtert Hospital recently announced its 2010 Professional Nursing Clinical Excellence Award Winners. The Nursing Excellence Awards are peer-nominated and recognize staff who consistently exhibit excellence in the clinical setting at Froedtert Hospital.
The 2010 Nursing Excellence Award winners are:
- Allison Bursiek, RN (Labor and Delivery), Burlington
- Wayne Czerniak, RN (Intensive Care), Genesee
- Jenette Dooley, RN (Mother Baby Unit), West Allis
- Jenny Feck, RN (Internal Medicine/GI/Pulmonary), Hartford
- Marie Freund, RN (Mother Baby Unit), Franklin
- Michelle Quandt, RN (Intensive Care), St. Francis
- Kay Vanderbusch, RN (Internal Medicine/GI/Pulmonary), New Berlin
Nominees were selected based on the following criteria: Nurse exhibits clinical practice that reflects the highest clinical standards and sensitivity to the needs of patients, families and members of the patient care team; shows innovation and participation in activities that improve patient care and assists in the prevention of errors; demonstrates leadership skills and role models teamwork that positively influences patient care; participates in educational activities that influence patient care; practices exemplary customer service; and any other activities that are within the scope of Froedtert Hospital mission of high quality patient care, teaching the next generation of health care professionals, and advancing scientific discovery and technology.
Last Review Date: June 29, 2010