Chicken Rollantini with Spinach ala Parmigiana
8 chicken cutlets (pounded thin)—3 oz each
½ cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 tablespoons egg whites/egg beaters
5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
6 tbsp park skim ricotta cheese
6 oz part skim mozzarella—shredded
Non-stick cooking spray
1 cup marinara sauce
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets and season with salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450º degrees
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese and place ina bowl.
- Place ¼ cup egg whites in another bowl.
- Combine 1.5 oz mozzarella cheese with remaining grated parmesan cheese, spinach, 2 tbsp egg whites, and ricotta cheese.
- Lay thin chicken culets on working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixtures on each.
- Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then in breadcrumb mixture, and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray chicken rollantinis with non-stick spray
- Bake 25 minutes in oven.
- Remove, top with sauce and then remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 3 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with additional sauce on side and grated parmesan cheese.
1 serving (~1 stuffed breast)
Total calories: 268
Total fat: 9 g
Total carbohydrates: 8 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 36 g