Tzatziki Greek Yogurt and Cucumber Sause
3 cups fat-free plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded & diced
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp finely chopped dill
Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Take a small spoon and scrape out and discard the seeds.
- Dice cucumbers and put them in a colander with 1 Tbsp salt. Let stand for 30 minutes to draw out the water. Drain well and wipe dry cucumber pieces with paper towel.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Process until well blended.
- Stir the mixture into the yogurt.
- Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend (do not skimp on the resting time!!!).
- Drain off any excess water and stir before serving.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1 cup)
Fat: 0 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrate: 8 grams
Cholesterol: 1.7 mg
Sodium: 839 mg
Sugar: 7 grams
Fiber: 0.3 grams