Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can tomato puree (29 oz)
- 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt (12 oz)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- 1-3 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped cilantro for topping
- Place everything up to bay leaves in large bowl.
- With a spatula, stir to combine and coat chicken well.
- Gently place into slow cooker, add bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve topped with cilantro.
***Typically served over brown rice. It is also delicious by itself, depending on the stage of your diet.
NUTRITION FACTS (1/10 recipe)
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 151 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 12 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 45 g
Last Review Date: Feb. 28, 2013
Online Editor(s): Shannon Krause