18 oz chicken breast, cut into strips
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 large onion, chopped
1½ cup chicken broth
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ground cumin
3 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
¼ cup lime juice
3 green onions chopped
¼ cup cilantro chopped (fresh)
3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- Place chicken breast, bell pepper and onion in slow cooker.
- Pour in broth and ¼ cup soy sauce.
- Season with cumin, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir.
- Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours.
- After chicken is done, remove 1 cup liquid from slow cooker. Mix with cornstarch, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and lime juice. This will blend into a thick sauce.
- Stir sauce into slow cooker chicken.
- Add chopped fresh broccoli.
- Place lid back on, and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro before serving.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1/8 recipe): Calories: 207
Total Fat: 10g
Total Carbohydrates: 10.5g
Last Review Date: May 9, 2013
Online Editor(s): Shannon Krause