Specialty focus. Extraordinary expertise. Coordination. Innovation. Research. The standard of care at the Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center.
Froedtert Hospital is regionally recognized in U.S. News & World Report’s 2012-13 “Best Hospitals” list for eight medical specialties, including cancer.
Cancer Care Built Around You
|The Clinical Cancer Center at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin is designed to provide patient-centered cancer care.
Our physicians are specialists who work in teams that focus on specific kinds of cancer. For example, one team is dedicated to treating breast cancer. Another focuses on prostate cancer. And another concentrates on brain and spine tumors. There are 13 of these disease-specific teams.
Physician team members in each cancer program collaborate to provide every patient with the most effective treatment plan. Patients link with one expert team for all treatment options and fully coordinated care and support. It’s an approach that simplifies the journey for cancer patients, while ensuring they receive the best care possible.
The Clinical Cancer Center offers a specialized team for every kind of cancer. Find the program team dedicated to your cancer type at our Programs and Services page.
Within every cancer program, patients can count on a new patient coordinator and a nurse coordinator to guide them through the cancer journey. These coordinators make sure treatment proceeds smoothly, answer questions and provide resources. Learn more about this vision of patient-centered care called the hub model.
To make an appointment
or for more information, call 866-680-0505
or use our online form
Receiving a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. Here are some questions to ask
your physicians to help ensure you are making the best choices.
Cancer Center FeaturesThe Clinical Cancer Center at Froedtert & The Medical College streamlines the cancer experience for patients and their families. The facility brings together in one location all the different physician specialists, oncology nurses and other experts and services cancer patients need. Individuals go to one place for consultations, tests, procedures, treatments, support and follow-up appointments.
The Clinical Cancer Center features:
- A single, large clinic area where patients return for each visit
- Extensive space for physician consultations
- Diagnostic imaging labs and a specialized cancer blood lab
- Treatment facilities, including our innovative Day Hospital for patients who need chemotherapy and other infused treatments
- A dedicated Breast Care Center
- A pharmacy
- The Jeffrey C. Siegel Quality of Life Center, offering a full range of support services
- Classes, support groups and events
- The Small Stones Wellness Center, offering resources and expert guidance in restoring and maintaining appearance
- A “bistro” that offers healthy and organic selections and Wi-Fi access
- Convenient, free parking and valet service
Physician ExpertsThe physicians of the Clinical Cancer Center have advanced training in particular kinds of cancer. Because they care for many patients with the same cancer types, these specialists are completely up-to-date on the latest treatment options, including options available through clinical trials.
The Clinical Cancer Center is staffed by more than 200 physicians and researchers from the Medical College of Wisconsin. Learn more about our exceptional staff.
Comprehensive Treatment OptionsPatients have access to the full range of treatment options at the Clinical Cancer Center:
- Surgical options, including minimally invasive procedures
- Innovative radiation therapy technologies
- Proven chemotherapy regimens, investigational chemotherapy drugs, hormonal therapies and immunotherapies
- Novel blood and marrow cell therapies
- Innovative treatments for eligible patients through our active clinical trials program
Academic PublicationsAs part of the academic medical center that is Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, the exceptional physicians of the Clinical Cancer Center are involved in teaching and research, publishing and presenting often. A collection of some of these articles can be found in our Academic Publications section.
Incredible StoriesWe're surrounded by incredible stories, and we are constantly moved by the courage and spirit of our patients. We have chronicled some of the best examples of the awe-inspiring events that we witness every day.
Last Review Date: July 30, 2012
Online Editor(s): Kathryn Adam