Pancreaticobiliary disorders and diseases of the pancreas and biliary tract (bile ducts) can be very complex. The Pancreaticobiliary Program at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin is a nationally recognized referral source for people with pancreaticobilary diseases, and was first program of its kind in the Midwest devoted to these disorders.
A multidisciplinary team of specialists in diseases of the pancreas and bile ducts includes therapeutic pancreaticobiliary endoscopists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, pancreaticobiliary and laparoscopic surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and pathologists.
Team members are experienced in providing the latest technologies and procedures for treating patients, often using innovative new techniques, instruments and research protocols, especially for those patients in whom standard treatments have failed. In patient care conferences, these specialists combine their knowledge to offer patients the most appropriate treatment plan.
- Quick evaluation of patients
- On-site treatments ranging from basic to cutting-edge
- Opportunities to enroll in the latest research studies
- Patient education
Team members diagnose and treat complex disorders of the pancreas and bile ducts, including:
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic cancer
- Cystic lesions of the pancreas
- Stones and strictures of the pancreas
- Obstructions of the bile duct from stones, strictures (scar tissue) or cancer
- Non-cancerous tumors of the pancreas and bile ducts
- Gallstone disease
- Leakage in the bile ducts or pancreatic ducts
Novel and innovative new techniques, instrumentation, and research protocols are utilized to treat difficult disorders, such as chronic pancreatitis, cancer of the pancreas or bile duct and post-operative strictures or stones. Outcomes research is used to determine the most effective, least invasive and cost-efficient care for these patients.
Author: Marla Fraunfelder
Date: Oct 17, 2007
|Medical Reviewer: ||Kia Saeian, MD, MSC, EPi, FAGG|
|Medical College of Wisconsin gastroenterologist/hepatologist||