Heart and Vascular Center
Diagnosing, Treating and Preventing Heart and Vascular Disease
Heart disease, which includes many different conditions such as heart attack, coronary artery disease and arrhythmia, and is our nation’s leading cause of death for men and women. Vascular diseases are those conditions that affect the blood vessels – arteries, veins and lymph system. Common vascular conditions include peripheral artery disease, aneurysms and venous disease.
Froedtert Hospital is regionally ranked for 12 medical specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery.
1-800-DOCTORS. Request a Second Opinion:
Learn more about our cardiac and vascular second opinion programs
If you are having any of the following symptoms, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Feeling very weak
- Sudden dizziness
- Pounding heart
- Shortness of breath
- Heavy sweating
- Nausea or vomiting
- Chest, arm or jaw pain
As part of one of the top academic medical centers in the country, there are many advantages to choosing care at the Heart and Vascular Center, where Medical College of Wisconsin physicians:
Advanced, Comprehensive Heart Care and Vascular Care
- Are respected specialists in diagnosing and treating heart and vascular disease using the latest techniques and technologies. Many Medical College of Wisconsin physicians in the Heart and Vascular Center are listed among the 2013 “Best Doctors® in America,” considered one of the more prestigious and credible tools available to consumers for selecting a doctor.
- Offer a complete range of heart and vascular services and Specialty Programs – including diagnostics, emergency treatment, inpatient care, critical-care nursing, interventional procedures, minimally invasive surgery, heart transplant, ventricular assist devices, rehabilitation and prevention.
- Provide a wide range of innovative treatment options, including some that are not readily available in the region. Physicians participate in research studies and clinical trials. They use the latest evidence-based research findings and treatment techniques to provide the most appropriate, effective care for each patient.
- Offer patients the benefit of a high volume of procedures performed by team physicians, including heart surgery and vascular surgery. High volumes are an excellent indicator of experience and expertise.
- Work with cardiologists and other physicians from throughout the Milwaukee-Metro region who often refer their patients to our Center for the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular disease, including the most complex cases.
Team of Heart and Vascular Experts, Focused on Each Patient
|Our expert heart and vascular specialists collaborate to ensure that patients receive comprehensive, integrated and high-quality care — all in one location.
Medical College of Wisconsin cardiologists and interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, vascular surgeons, vascular medicine specialists, vascular and interventional radiologists, electrophysiologists and more work as a multidisciplinary team to offer patients the most advanced surgical and non-surgical treatments available for the full range of heart and vascular conditions.
Our specialists are leaders in advancing the understanding of heart and vascular disease and identifying new and innovative treatments through research and clinical trials.
Research Leaders and Respected Instructors
As part of an academic medical center, they have the caliber of expertise it takes to teach the next generation of heart and vascular specialists.
Convenient LocationsThe Heart and Vascular Center is housed in one convenient location at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert Hospital Campus in Milwaukee. Many of our physicians also see patients at other Froedtert & The Medical College locations including the Specialty Clinics at St. Joseph's Hospital in West Bend; Community Memorial Hospital and Community Memorial Medical Commons in Menomonee Falls; and our newsest location at Moorland Reserve Health Center in New Berlin.
Last Review Date: Oct. 23, 2013
Online Editor(s): Shannon Krause