|The Performance Enhancement Program offers programs for golfers looking to improve their golf swing and reduce injury. The program uses state-of-the-art motion analysis system that allows a golfer at any skill level to view his or her swing in a 360-degree 3-D virtual movie, high-speed video analysis, and the latest exercise techniques that allow golfers of all skill levels to improve their game. This multi-level program is customized to fit the needs of the golfer.
- Participants receive strengthening, flexibility exercises, and drills to improve efficiency and productivity of the golf swing.
- These exercises emphasize upper and lower extremities and the core.
- Instruction and guidance from one of the Sports Medicine Program’s experienced athletic trainers or physical therapist. One 60-minute session per week for three weeks.
Tier 2Includes Tier 1 plus the following:
- High-speed video analysis of front and side views of your swing. Participants receive a DVD to replay their swing at home or on the course on their portable player.
Tier 3Includes Tiers 1 and 2 plus the following:
- A 45-marker motion analysis session in which full body and club linked models are used to analyze the golfer's swing mechanics in milliseconds intervals.
- The Sports Medicine Center’s indoor golf analysis area allows a full swing/hitting option.
- The golfing session includes ten swings that are recorded on the motion analysis system. An intricate linked model is created of the golfer, allowing them to view their swing from any possible angle.
- Computer movie files are produced for two of the 10 swings trial and a DVD is created for the golfer.
Author: Marla Fraunfelder
Last Review Date: April 1, 2007