|The Performance Enhancement Program offers many different programs for the golfers who want to enhance their golf swing to reduce risk of injury. The program uses a state-of-the-art motion-analysis system, high-speed video analysis and the latest exercise techniques to help golfers of any skill level improve their game.
The following tiers are available for the golfers through the Performance Enhancement Program.
Tier 1 - Three 60-minute sessions, one per week.
- The participant will receive strengthening, flexibility exercises and drills to improve the efficiency and productivity of the golf swing.
- Exercises will emphasize the core, upper and lower extremities.
- Instruction and guidance will be provided by one of the Sports Medicine Program’s experienced athletic trainers.
Tier 2 - Tier 1 plus the following:
- High speed video analysis from front and side views of your swing. Participants receive a DVD copy of their swing.
Tier 3 - Tiers 1 and 2 plus the following:
- Full body motion analysis to analyze your complete swing mechanics in millisecond-intervals.
- Recording of 10 full swings on the motion analysis system and creation of an intricate linked model of your swing from 45 body markers.
- Computer movie files created from two of the swings, with a DVD copy provided for the golfer.
Author: Marla Fraunfelder
Last Review Date: June 27, 2013
Online Editor(s): Andy Monigal