Bills for primary care services may come from different sources. Physician billing comes from the Medical College of Wisconsin. Additional services, including radiology and laboratory services come from those organizations, including Froedtert Hospital.
Medical College of Wisconsin Patient Payment and Billing Information The following information is provided to help you understand the Medical College of Wisconsin physician billing and reimbursement policy.
We will ask you to verify your insurance coverage at each visit. Please have your insurance card available and inform us of any changes such as address, phone number, employer and/or health insurance.
Time of Service Payment Requirements:
- Co-payments required by your insurance company
- Non-covered services: clinics may require special payment arrangements
- Patients without insurance should plan to pay a deposit
- Payment options: cash, check, credit cards (Mastercard, Visa and Discover)
The Medical College Billing Office will mail a statement when additional amounts are due from you. Payment is due upon receipt of this notice. You may also receive separate bills from the hospital or clinic where you were seen. Questions regarding your bill and/or requests for payment arrangements with Medical College physicians may be directed to our billing office at:
Medical College of Wisconsin
Research Park Center
10000 Innovation Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53226
The Medical College Billing Office will file health insurance claims on your behalf. We also submit claims to secondary insurance carriers once primary insurance benefits have been resolved. Please remember that the ultimate financial responsibility for payment lies with the patient, not the insurance company.
Health insurance benefits vary. It is always advisable to check with your insurance company or employer before receiving services.
Some plans require referrals or authorizations. Benefits for office visits may depend on the place of service (Medical College physicians provide services in outpatient hospital and office settings).
Medical College providers accept assignment with Medicare. Medicare patients are responsible for non-covered services as well as deductible and coinsurance amounts. Supplemental insurance carriers may be billed for Medicare patients who have additional coverage.
Medicaid recipients should come to appointments with a current Medicaid card and be prepared to pay their co-pay.
Other bill sourcesBills from primary care services may come from different sources. Physician billing comes from the Medical College of Wisconsin. You may also receive non-physician charges including radiology and laboratory services from other sources, including the following:
- Froedtert Hospital: For questions about your Froedtert Hospital bill, please see our billing and insurance section on this site for more information.
- Community Memorial Hospital: For questions about your Community Memorial Hospital bill, please visit communitymemorial.com.
- Dynacare Laboratories: For questions about your bill from Dynacare Laboratories for lab services, please call 414-805-7656.
- Center for Diagnostic Imaging: For questions about your bill from the Center for Diagnostic Imaging, please call 800-634-4064.
Author: Joan Pike
Last Review Date: Sept. 1, 2009
For patients in our primary care offices, My
Chart® connects you to your personal health information
and electronic medical record.