Call our Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Health Services Line at 414-805-0505, or (outside Milwaukee) 866-680-0505 to set up your second opinion.
Any diagnosis of cancer deserves a second opinion, and that’s why Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin offer the Prostate Cancer Second Opinion Program. This program makes it simpler than ever to request a second opinion after you’ve been diagnosed with prostate cancer. In most cases, it will require just one visit, scheduled within five business days.
Although prostate cancer is curable in its early stages, it’s a complex disease with many treatment options available. There is no “cookie cutter” approach — everything should be tailored to you as an individual, and it’s important that you be involved in deciding what course of treatment is best for you. The choices you make now can affect your health and your life long into the future.
Dedicated Expertise Means
More Choices, Better Results
At Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, we combine experience with superior healthcare delivery and a dedicated patient focus to deliver better outcomes. Our prostate cancer physicians are specialists — not generalists. That means they understand all the nuances of prostate cancer and are keenly aware of the many treatment options available. They understand the importance of forming treatment plans that fit your quality of life goals and future plans.
As part of an academic medical center, we have the resources, technology, expertise and compassion to accurately evaluate your diagnosis and effectively treat your cancer.
A second opinion at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin will confirm your diagnosis, tell you more about your treatment options, help you choose the best course of action for you, and introduce you to some of the country’s leading prostate cancer experts.
The Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Prostate Cancer Second Opinion Program offers:
- Unparalleled expertise — Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin are proud to have some of the country’s top prostate cancer physicians treating patients. We offer the full spectrum of specialists and treatments in one place, including surgery, radiation therapy and medical oncology – all delivered by nationally recognized experts who focus their practice in prostate cancer care.
- Expediency — We’ll schedule your second opinion visit within five business days of your request. In most cases and with the appropriate background information, it will take just one visit for us to offer our opinion about your diagnosis and treatment options.
- Ease of use — From your first contact with us and throughout the process, a nurse coordinator will work closely with you to ensure we have all the information needed to make an accurate evaluation of your condition. The coordinator will even help you obtain medical records needed before your appointment.
- Clinical trials — Because we are a leading academic medical center, there are often opportunities for patients to participate, as appropriate, in clinical trials of new treatments and medications.
- Peace of mind — Seeking a second opinion is common and encouraged throughout the medical community. You won’t offend your physician, and you could learn about treatment options you never considered. In fact, many physicians recommend their patients seek a second opinion at Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin.
The physicians and staff of the Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Prostate Cancer Second Opinion Program want you to have peace of mind. They want you to feel confident that you’ve consulted with the top prostate cancer experts available, that your diagnosis is correct and complete, that you’re aware of every treatment option available to you, and that you’ve made decisions based on what’s best for you.