Spine-related problems can be complex, with many treatment options. That’s why the diagnosis of a spine-related problem deserves a second opinion.
If you’ve been diagnosed with a spine condition, especially one for which surgery has been recommended, you may benefit greatly from a visit to the Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin SpineCare Second Opinion Program.
Many physicians recommend that their patients seek a second opinion at Froedtert & The Medical College. A second opinion from our expert team of SpineCare physicians can give you peace of mind to make the right decision. As part of an academic medical center, the SpineCare Program has the resources, technology, expertise and compassion to accurately evaluate your diagnosis and effectively treat your disorder.
The SpineCare Program attempts non-invasive treatment before recommending surgery, except under certain circumstances where surgery is the only option. For 2012, only 2.5 percent of our SpineCare patients underwent surgery within 12 months after program completion. Learn more about our quality outcomes.
The Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin SpineCare Second Opinion Program offers:
- Expertise — the SpineCare Program’s experienced team includes board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians (physiatrists), neurologists and board-certified, fellowship-trained spine surgeons, along with chiropractors, nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Team members collaborate to provide the highest quality care.
- Convenience — in most cases, it will take just one visit for us to offer our opinion about your diagnosis and treatment options. Tests or treatments will not be repeated unless absolutely necessary.
- Evidence-based care — all patient treatments provided in the SpineCare Program are based on valid, relevant medical information.
- Complete treatment options — the SpineCare Program offers the full spectrum of advanced treatment options.
- Participation in decision-making — we’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that fits your goals and life. Treatment will be tailored to your individual needs.
- Peace of mind — by seeking a second opinion, you could learn about treatment options you never considered. The choices you make now can affect your health and life long into the future.
To Request a Second OpinionIn some cases, a referral is required depending on your insurance coverage.
Phone RequestsCall SpineCare at 414-955-7199 and request a second opinion.
Online RequestsUse our convenient online request form to request a second opinion.
Last Review Date: May 7, 2013
Online Editor(s): Shannon Krause