"Choose Safe" Injury Prevention
Personal Trauma Risk Evaluation
How safe are you? Take our safety quiz to find out how you can reduce your risk of traumatic injury:
Play “20 Questions” to Learn Your Personal Trauma Risk
- Do you ever drive a car or motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol?
- Do you ever drive while under the influence of illegal drugs?
- Do you ever drive or operate machinery while using prescription drugs that could impair alertness?
- Do you ever drive too fast?
- Do you ever send or read text messages or e-mails while you are driving?
- Do you ever talk on your cell phone while you are driving?
- Do you ever drive or ride in a car without wearing a seatbelt?
- Do you ever ride a motorcycle without a helmet?
- Do you ever ride a motorcycle without protective clothing?
- Do you ever ride a bicycle without wearing a helmet?
- Do you ever rollerblade or skateboard without a helmet?
- Do you ever jaywalk or fail to observe crossing signals when walking?
- Do you ever text or talk on a cell phone while walking near traffic?
- Do you ever listen to music with headphones or ear buds while walking near traffic?
- Do you ever engage in sports or recreational activities without an appropriate helmet and protective gear?
- Do you ever walk alone in isolated locations?
- Do you ever park your car in isolated or poorly visible locations?
- Does your home have any throw rugs that could cause you to trip?
- Does your home lack proper lighting and secure railings and grab bars?
- Do you ever use a ladder even though you have impaired physical abilities?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you have an opportunity to decrease your risk of injury. Every affirmative answer indicates an area of dangerous activity or home hazard. Changing your behavior or modifying your environment will reduce your risk of traumatic injury and increase your safety and the safety of your family.
Last Review Date: Sept. 28, 2011
Online Editor(s): Kathryn Adam