Baked Breaded Cod Fillet Recipe
Non-stick cooking spray
4 (6-ounce) pieces skinless cod fillets
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons melted unsalted margarine, divided
Juice of 1 lemon, divided
1/4 cup dried whole wheat bread crumbs
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking dish or medium oval baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cod with salt and pepper and arrange it in the dish.
- Drizzle it with half the margarine and half the lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley and chives.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the cod and drizzle with remaining margarine and lemon juice.
- Bake just until bread crumbs are crisped and cod flakes easily with a fork, about 12 minutes.
Serving size: 6 oz Fillet
Total Calories: 150
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total cholesterol: 45mg
Sodium: 530 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Recipe adapted from http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3232
Brought to you by: Laurie Wohlscheid, Dietetic Intern