Cajun Chicken Stuffed With Pepper Jack Cheese and Spinach Recipe
- 1 lb (16 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 oz reduced fat pepper jack cheese (Shredded)
- 1 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained (or fresh cooked)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (see recipe below if you want to make homemade)
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350º F degrees.
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all.
- Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
- Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving. Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick.
- Serve whole or slice into medallions.
(makes approximately 2 tablespoons)
- ¾ tbsp paprika
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp oregano
1 serving (4 servings per recipe)
Total Fat: 9.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Protein: 32g