Cheesy Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
1 lbs (16 oz) extra lean ground turkey breast
1 cup diced celery
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese
NUTRITION ANALYSIS PER SERVING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash cut side down in a glass dish.
- Cook in microwave for 20 minutes on HIGH, until almost tender.
- In a non-stick saucepan over medium heat, brown ground turkey.
- Add celery and onion; sauté until transparent.
- Stir in mushrooms; cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add in tomato sauce and dry seasonings
- Divide mixture into quarters, spoon into the squash and cover.
- Cook 15 minutes in the preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and put back in the oven until the cheese bubbles.
Total Fat: 4g
Total Carbohydrates: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Total Protein: 30g