Cheesy Vegetarian Chili Recipe
SERVINGS: 8 (about 1½ cups each)
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large green bell pepper (diced)
1 cup onion chopped
½ lb of sliced mushrooms
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes or 2 cups fresh tomatoes
8 oz tomato sauce
2 tbsp chili powder
1 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
2- 15oz cans red kidney beans (rinsed)
10 oz package of frozen corn
1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (approximately 1 ½ cups):
- Heat olive oil and garlic in large pan.
- Add onions, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, and bring to boil.
- Turn down to low, add in zucchini and kidney beans. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and ½ cup cheddar cheese. Stir.
- Simmer on low for additional 10-15 minutes
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese.
Total Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrates: 34g
Dietary Fiber: 9g