Good Morning Casserole Recipe
4 slices of bread, crust trimmed
1 ½ cups of egg substitute
1 ½ cups skim milk
4 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
¼ cup (1oz) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
¼ cup (1oz) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
½ cup sliced mushrooms
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
½ cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1/4 Pan)
- Across bottom of lightly greased 9x9 inch baking dish, arrange bread slices, slightly overlapping. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together egg substitute, milk, turkey bacon, 2 Tablespoons each of cheddar and Swiss cheeses, mushrooms, and salt.
- Pour mixture over bread slices
- Sprinkle potatoes and remaining cheese over egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, in pre-heated 350 degree F oven until lightly browned and knife inserted near center comes out clean (about 40-45 minutes).
Fat: 8 grams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrate: 22 grams
Cholesterol: 18 mg
Sodium: 674 mg
Sugar: 7 grams
Fiber: 2 grams