Light Alfredo Sauce Recipe
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups skim milk
1 cup chicken broth, warmed
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add flour and mix well until thick paste is formed.
- Slowly whisk in warmed chicken broth.
- Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until smooth and thick.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese to finish.
Serving size: 1/4 cup sauce
Fat: 4 grams
Carbohydrate: 5 grams
Sugar: 3 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Serving suggestion: Serve over pasta or as a topping for cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, salmon, or other fish.