Clinical Cancer Center in Milwaukee, Wis.
The Clinical Cancer Center at Froedtert & the Medical College streamlines the cancer experience for patients and their families. The facility brings together in one location all the different physician specialists, oncology nurses and other experts and services cancer patients need. Individuals go to one place for consultations, tests, procedures, treatments, support and follow-up appointments.
Take the Virtual Tour
The Most Advanced Technology and Treatment Options
The Clinical Cancer Center gives patients access to world-leading technology and treatment options for cancer care. Our innovative technology and treatments include:
- One of the first medical centers in the nation with TomoTherapy, a radiation technology to treat irregularly shaped tumors and tumors close to critical organs.
- One of the first sites in the United States with the Artiste linear accelerator, a radiation delivery system with “gating” capabilities for delivering radiation to tumors affected by breathing and heartbeat motion.
- Primary testing site for new CT imaging equipment developed by GE Healthcare.
- Cone-beam CT and CT on rails (linear accelerators with image-guided therapy capabilities)
- Gamma Knife, a therapy system that uses precise targeting to deliver high-dose radiation in a single session.
- CT devices that create two- and three-dimensional cross-section images of the body.
- MRI technologies that map soft tissue structures and brain activity.
- PET scanners that detect cancer by measuring cell function.
- A Regional Cancer Therapy Program offering a highly effective multi-faceted approach to fighting tumors that are limited to a specific area (region) in the body.
- Promising experimental treatments and therapies through our active cancer clinical trials.
Physician Expertise: The Sub-Specialty Difference
At the Clinical Cancer Center, every physician is a cancer specialist — a cancer physician who focuses on a particular type of cancer. These cancer specialist have the most experience with particular kinds of cancer and are completely up to date on the latest treatment options.
Complete Support Services and Palliative Care
The Clinical Cancer Center includes many professionals and programs that address the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Patients in the Clinical Cancer Center also have access to our world-renowned Palliative Care Program. The Palliative Care Program is the only one like it in Wisconsin and one of the most prominent palliative care centers in the nation.
Clinical Cancer Center Facility Features
- A single, large clinic area where patients return for each visit
- Extensive space for physician consultations
- Diagnostic imaging labs and a specialized cancer blood lab
- Treatment facilities, including our innovative Day Hospital for patients who need chemotherapy and other infused treatments
- A dedicated Breast Care Center
- A pharmacy
- The Jeffrey C. Siegel Quality of Life Center, offering a full range of support services
- Classes, support groups and events
- The Small Stones Wellness Center, offering resources and expert guidance in restoring and maintaining appearance
- A “bistro” that offers healthy and organic selections and Wi-Fi access
- Convenient, free parking and valet service
The multidisciplinary cancer clinic is located on the second floor of the Clinical Cancer Center. The clinic is divided into five areas, and each houses several different cancer programs.
- Courage — Includes the gynecologic, bone/soft tissue, skin and thoracic cancer programs, physical medicine/rehabilitation and Palliative Care.
- Life — Dedicated to blood and marrow cancers.
- Faith — Houses the colorectal, liver, pancreas, and endocrine cancer programs.
- Hope — Meet with specialists in the genitourinary, head and neck, and neurological cancer programs.
- Grace —Home to the blood and marrow transplant and blood cancer programs.