The Jeffrey C. Siegel Quality of Life Center
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center, includes a special area dedicated to providing cancer patients and their families with a full range of support services. This unique resource area is called the Jeffrey C. Siegel Quality of Life Center, named in memory of an individual whose generous family helped make it possible.
The Quality of Life Center is located on the second floor of the Clinical Cancer Center. Patients coming in for physician appointments, treatments or other procedures are able to visit the Quality of Life Center for a variety of specialized services including:
- Registered dietitians — nutrition experts who assess and recommend solutions to nutrition problems, create customized eating plans and support cancer patients in maintaining better health throughout treatment and recovery.
- Psych-oncology nurse — an advanced practice nurse who provides counseling to cancer patients and can prescribe medications if needed.
- Complementary medicine — a variety of non-traditional health services that have proven effective in supporting cancer patients will be developed in the Quality of Life Center.
- Social workers — trained professionals who help cancer patients access community and other resources to get the support they need.
- Chaplains — spiritual support and counseling from hospital chaplains who focus on individuals and families touched by cancer.
- Financial counselors — skilled professionals who help patients and family members navigate their financial options.
- Cancer genetic counselors — specially trained and certified professionals who help patients, family members and others understand their risk of experiencing an inherited form of cancer.
The Quality of Life Center is also home to the nationally recognized Froedtert & the Medical College Palliative Care Program for patients facing major illness. Specialized physicians and nurses provide medical care and planning, pain management, and family support for patients throughout the hospital. The Palliative Care Program is the first and only one of its kind in Wisconsin and is one of the most prominent palliative care centers in the nation.
Complete Cancer Care in One Place
The Quality of Life Center has its own reception and waiting area, and includes several comfortable rooms for staff to meet with patients and families. Visitors are able to access additional resources at the nearby Small Stones Wellness Center, including wigs, hair coverings, breast prostheses and skin care products.