EMS/Firehouse Chili Cook-Off
Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
400 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee
Three’s a Charm!
Join us for our third annual Chili Cook-Off Event — a special one-day feature held during Wine & Dine Wisconsin. Be a part of this exciting opportunity where area firefighters and EMS teams meet and compete with their best chili recipe.
Think you’ve got the best? Prizes awarded based on official judging and people’s choice.
- 1st place prize: $500 grocery gift card
- 2nd place prize: $250 grocery gift card
- 3rd place prize: $100 grocery gift card
Any Firehouse or EMS company is invited to participate in this event. Registration is required by Oct. 17. Space is limited.
- Each team can consist of up to three representatives from your firehouse/company.
- Chili must be cooked off-site and brought hot and ready on-site the day of the event.
- This event draws up to 8,000 spectators who will want to taste your chili. Each team must prepare at least 10-12 gallons of chili.
- Each team member will receive free entry into Wine & Dine Wisconsin and two complimentary tickets for guests (a $165 value).
- Official judging by local celebrity chefs based on the following criteria: aroma, color, taste, aftertaste and table showmanship.
Download the cook-off rules
Download the flyer
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-777-0773.
Voted “Best Chili 2013” was Milwaukee Fire Department, Engine 28, Al Jansen, Eddie Schott and Jeff Pistiner.
“Sparky,” from West Allis, Station 1, greets visitors at the 2013 Chili Cook-Off event.