PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency
National Match Code: 635260
Director of Pharmacy
Philip Brummond, PharmD, MS
PGY2 Oncology Program Director
Angela Urmanski, PharmD, BCOP
Duration/Type: 12-month residency
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: January 6, 2014
Starting Date: July 1, 2014
Interview Required: Yes
This specialty residency is designed to provide advanced clinical training and leadership opportunities from a dedicated oncology preceptor team. Upon completion of the residency, the graduates’ advanced knowledge and leadership skills will enable them to practice as an integral member of an interdisciplinary team in the care of the oncology patient.
- Flexible, comprehensive training in a variety of oncology areas.
- A variety of elective rotations are available at Froedtert Hospital. Rotations and activities are tailored to meet the needs and interests of each resident.
- Research projects and teaching activities are tailored to meet the needs/interests of the resident.
- Residents will have the opportunity to precept PGY1 pharmacy residents and PharmD students on clinical rotations.
Sample resident rotation schedule
Requirements for Acceptance
- Completion of PGY1 pharmacy residency
- Applicants are required to submit a program application as well as examples of three projects to PhORCAS. Three projects must be submitted by candidates who are selected for an onsite interview.
- Inpatient Oncology
- Inpatient Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Ambulatory Oncology Services
- Investigational Drug Services
- Drug Policy (longitudinal)
- Medication Safety (longitudinal)
- Retail Oncology Pharmacy Services
- Palliative Care
- Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Oncology
- Clinical/Operational Management and Leadership
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Academia at Concordia University School of Pharmacy
- Other rotations based on the interests of the resident