Kraemer Cancer Center
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Network
As a member of the Froedtert &
The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Network, the Kraemer
Cancer Center offers the expertise of Medical College cancer
specialists to patients in their own community. When needed,
highly specialized treatments and additional clinical trials are
available through a connection to the academic medical center.
The Kraemer Cancer Center includes Medical College of Wisconsin specialists in:
- Hematology and Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Breast Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery (located in the Specialty Clinics)
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (located in the Specialty Clinics)
- Thoracic Oncology
- Urologic Oncology
Cancer Center Built Around Patients’ Needs
The 21,000-square-foot Kraemer Cancer Center is connected to St. Joseph’s Hospital. Offering a calming, healing environment, the center serves the unique needs of cancer patients for privacy, specialty treatment, individualized, coordinated care, convenience and compassion.
Advanced Technology and Convenient Services
The cancer center features advanced technology and important services for our cancer patients.
- Pharmacy access: Cancer patients can see their doctor and get their chemotherapy treatment on
the same day with an on-campus pharmacy where cancer drugs are prepared
- Infusion options: A large common room with six
recliners has windows with a view of the prairie for patients receiving chemotherapy. Patients who
would like more privacy may choose a semi-private or private
infusion suite, which allows them to rest quietly or have
family by their side.
- Access to patient coordinator: The coordinator
gathers records and coordinates initial appointments for patient
convenience and efficiency.
- Advanced cancer treatment technology: The new linear accelerator at the Kraemer Cancer
Center includes image-guided technology that has the capacity
to deliver higher doses of radiation with more precision, spare
healthy tissues and reduce side effects to provide patients with the
best possible outcomes
- Small Stones Wellness Center: Located in the lobby of the
Kraemer Cancer Center, Small Stones supports the healing
process by helping cancer patients enhance their appearance,
promoting relaxation and boosting self-esteem. It includes:
aesthetic wellness coordinator who provides cancer education
- A licensed cosmetologist who assists
patients with hair care and wig selection, cut, style and fit
- Hair, skin and nail care products
- Cancer Survivors Clinic: The clinic supports cancer
patients through treatment into life after cancer.