Why Choose St. Joseph's for Emergency Care
Critical health situations can develop in an instant, including such conditions as:
- Trauma, accidents and injuries
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest pain and heart attack
- Abdominal pain
High Quality, Compassionate Emergency Care Nearby
That’s why it is reassuring to know that an outstanding emergency care resource is nearby. Consider these great reasons to choose the Emergency Care Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend.
- Easy to find and access. The Emergency Care Center is located right off Highway 45 between West Bend and Jackson, minutes from anywhere in Washington County.
- Staffed around-the-clock by emergency medicine physician and nurse specialists. Our Level III Trauma Center is staffed 24 hours a day by board-certified and board-eligible emergency medicine physicians and registered nurses with emergency nursing certification. For severe heart attack victims, physicians and staff adhere to the best-practice “STEMI” treatment protocol. Surgeons, cardiologists, neurologists, plastic surgeons, and orthopaedic surgeons and other specialists are on-call and available in minutes.
- You’ll see a doctor as quickly as possible. Although we serve more than 16,000 people each year, our “door-to-doctor time” is competitive with other community hospitals.
- Expert care for infants, children and adults. Physicians and staff have specific training in infant, pediatric and adult emergencies and resuscitations. The latest treatment equipment for patients of all ages is on hand, as well.
- Backed by critical care and specialty resources at St. Joseph’s. ICU, surgery, radiology, laboratory, neurology, cardiology, pulmonary and orthopaedic care are available right at St. Joseph’s. For other needs, care is seamlessly coordinated with physician specialists from the academic medical center at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Seamless connection to the only Level 1 Trauma Center in eastern Wisconsin. If a situation requires the highest level of emergency care, patients have an immediate connection to the Level 1 Trauma Center at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin. Emergency Care Center staff are trained to work with Flight For Life to determine when transport via helicopter or ambulance is best.
- Partners with EMS in pre-hospital care. St. Joseph’s Hospital leads training of local Emergency Medical Service (EMS) staff and is constantly collaborating with these care partners in the field to support the best patient outcomes.
- Coordinated, computerized health record throughout your experience. Our “Care Everywhere” computer information system allows your Froedtert Health caregivers to see your medical record and note their activity in it. This helps ensure that all physicians and staff you come into contact with have the latest information about your condition and care.
- Quiet, private, sterile environment. Private treatment rooms and bathrooms add to patient comfort. A separate walk-in emergency entrance and air handling system help control infection.
24/7 support from a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE). Specially trained nurses provide a safe haven at St. Joseph’s for comprehensive, compassionate care of sexual assault victims.