Milwaukee Regional Medical Center remains accessible from all directions during the week of April 21. Note that these closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
Park & Ride Shuttle Service
Campus shuttles are now running to/from State Fair Park & Ride and Burleigh Street Park & Ride. For more information go to: www.mrmccampus.org/alternate-transportation.
76th Street Bridge Closure
On Friday, April 18, there will be an overnight full freeway closure of Interstate-94 east and west from the Zoo Interchange to 70th Street for the demolition of the 76th Street bridge over I-94. The system ramps from I-894 north and U.S. 45 south to I-94 east will also be closed at this time. The 76th Street exit ramp from I-94 closed on April 12 and the 84th Street ramp reopened.
Note: This closure is subject to change based on weather conditions.
Highway 100 Landscaping
Expect lane closures along Highway 100 from I-94 to Watertown Plank Road; and on Watertown Plank Road, Innovation Drive, Swan Boulevard, Bluemound Road and Wisconsin Avenue as crews work to install trees, bushes, flowers, permanent pavement marking, decorative concrete and ornamental signage as part of last year's Highway 100 project. All work is scheduled to be complete the first week of June.
Access changes at 8700 W. Watertown Plank Road
Work began on the construction of a new driveway at 8700 W. Watertown Plank Road. Access will be switched from the existing driveway to the new drive in the coming days. Sewer work on 87th Street will require some closures and flagging operations overnight this week.
92nd Street Updates
- Reminder: As part of the Zoo Interchange project work, the traffic pattern on 92nd Street will remain in place through summer.
- Reminder: The bus stop on the west side of 92nd Street relocated just south of its former location. A temporary bus pad and shelter are now in place and pedestrian crosswalk markings and warning signs have been installed across 92nd Street.
Weekly Traffic Restrictions by Route
From the North
- All ramps at Watertown Plank Road are closed until fall. Use North Avenue or Wisconsin Avenue to access MRMC.
From the South
- LONG TERM CLOSURE: Schlinger Avenue is closed under Interstate-894/U.S. 45 and remains closed through August.
From the East
- On Friday, April 18, there will be an overnight full freeway closure of I-94 in both directions from the Zoo Interchange to 70th Street for the demolition of the 76th Street bridge over I-94. The system ramps from I-894 northbound and U.S. 45 southbound to I-94 eastbound will also be closed at this time. The 76th Street exit ramp from I-94 will close. The 84th Street ramps will reopen.
From the West
- On Thursday, April 24, and Friday, April 25, there will be overnight full closures of I-94 in both directions at Highway 100 as crews set beams for the Highway 100 northbound bridge over I-94.
Watertown Plank Road/U.S. 45 Ramp Closures
Reminder: the following long-term road closures are in effect until late fall.
- Watertown Plank Road closed under U.S. 45, from Innovation Drive to Discovery Parkway.
- Watertown Plank Road on-ramp to U.S. 45 southbound closed.
- The U.S. 45 northbound and southbound off-ramps to Watertown Plank Road closed.
The latest information on the long-term closures of Watertown Plank Road and U.S. 45 ramps is available to you through several sources.
- App: A “Travel MRMC” app is now available on Android and iPhone devices. Find your quickest route to campus through construction and traffic congestion.
- Online: www.MRMCcampus.org or through your organization’s intranet
- E-mail: Check your inbox for the latest construction information from your organization.
- Printed materials: Watch your mailbox for a special Milwaukee Regional Medical Center 2014 Route Guide.
- Phone: Call 1-800-ZOO-0003 for the best route information. Live assistance now available 24/7.
- Twitter: Sign up to receive the most up-to-date information: @TravelMRMC
Wisconsin Avenue Commuting
While Wisconsin Avenue is the most direct route to campus, trying a different route may save you time. Watertown Plank Road remains open during construction from Discovery Parkway to the east. The following options are worth a try.
- Swan Boulevard: Swan Boulevard is open and delay-free. Swan serves as a vital link to our campus. Access to Swan Boulevard is available from Watertown Plank Road just east of Highway 100 and from North Avenue.
- Discovery Parkway: Discovery Parkway is open and connects Watertown Plank Road (just west of 92nd Street) to Swan Boulevard. From Swan Boulevard, Discovery Parkway flow freely onto Watertown Plank Road eastbound with no traffic signals or stop signs. Likewise, westbound Watertown Plank Road traffic will flow freely onto northbound Discovery Parkway without traffic signals or stop signs.
- Highway 100: Highway 100 is fully open between North Avenue and Bluemound Road, including additional through lanes and multiple intersection turn lanes. As an alternative to taking Wisconsin Avenue to campus, take Highway 100 to Watertown Plank Road east - it doesn’t close until just east of Discovery Parkway/Innovation Drive. Turn north onto Swan Boulevard to south Discovery Parkway which flows onto east Watertown Plank Road.
Wisconsin Avenue Parking Restrictions
New parking restrictions are in effect on Wisconsin Avenue between 92nd Street and 87th Street to assist with traffic flow. Parking will no longer be allowed between 6-8:30 a.m. and 3:30-6 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Bus Route 31 Changes
Route 31 (State – Highland) has new detours in place along Watertown Plank Road between 92nd Street and Innovation Drive/Swan Boulevard. The following detours are now in effect. The new schedule is also available on www.RideMCTS.com.
Fare-Free Route: Pedestrians needing to travel on Watertown Plank Road between 92nd Street and Innovation Drive/Swan Boulevard will not be required to pay a fare when boarding a Route 31 bus from 92nd Street or Watertown Plank Road at Innovation Drive/Swan Boulevard. If a transfer is requested, however, the passenger must pay full fare. Please watch for signs in the area.
A Look Ahead
- Summer: A full weekend closure of I-94 east- and westbound at Highway 100 is scheduled to occur in the summer months. More information on a confirmed date for this closure will be provided in the coming weeks.
- Watertown Plank Road and U.S. 45 ramps reopen.
- Wisconsin/Bluemound ramps from U.S. 45 close.
- Bluemound Road over U.S. 45 will close for demolition and rebuild.
- 84th Street closes under I-94.
- Core Zoo Interchange construction begins.
- December: I-94/Highway 100 interchange reopens.
Read the latest traffic report