Employers will typically offer employees health insurance options in the fall in what is known as the “open enrollment period.” If you have health insurance through your employer, this period can set the stage for effectively managing health care options for yourself and your entire family. This is especially true if you’ve experienced certain life events like a growing family or the onset of new health concerns.
Choose Us During Open Enrollment
During this open enrollment period, ask your employer to offer insurance options that include the Froedtert & MCW health network so you can experience exceptional care enhanced by the latest medical innovation and scientific discoveries. Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin facilities accept most insurance plans. Please review a list of the insurance companies and plans that work with us.
When it comes to understanding the providers in your health plan, we think it’s important that you consider the advantages of a health network that includes an academic medical center like the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network. Here are just a few reasons:
1. The only academic medical center in eastern Wisconsin.
Academic medical centers are partnerships between medical schools and their affiliated hospitals and clinics. Innovation, research and discovery are the hallmarks of academic medicine, translating new discoveries and advances in medicine to benefit the patient. There are fewer than 120 academic medical centers in the U.S. The Medical College of Wisconsin is the state’s only private medical school and health sciences graduate school, and is the second largest research institution in the state.
The physicians and advanced practice providers at Froedtert Hospital are Medical College of Wisconsin faculty members and researchers – many of whom are internationally renowned leaders in their fields. They work together in specialized teams across the Froedtert & MCW health network to offer the highest level of expertise and advanced care – from primary care for routine health needs such as colds and flu to the most complex health needs such as cancer or cardiovascular disease treatments. In addition, these same providers are responsible for many scientific discoveries that include new ways to prevent, detect and treat disease.
2. The only adult Level I Trauma Center in eastern Wisconsin.
As an adult Level I Trauma Center, Froedtert & MCW Froedtert Hospital meets strict national standards for expertise and facilities. We provide life-saving care for the most serious injuries 24/7, delivered by teams with the highest level of training and experience.
3. Convenient community care.
All patients who receive care in our network will experience continuity of care via our many physicians who are connected across all care facilities.
We’ve extended primary care convenience across our health network with many of our health centers now offering weekend and evening hours and same-day appointments. We also offer same-day orthopaedic care with our Ortho Now clinic as well as care provided by web or phone through our Virtual Clinic.
4. Numerous awards.
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and have been recognized for our quality and world-class care through awards that validate the work we do every day.
- Froedtert Hospital was recently recognized as a top performer in the 2022 Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Ranking by Vizient, Inc. Achieving a rank of 10 out of 107 Comprehensive Academic Medical Center Vizient members, we were recognized for demonstrating excellence in delivering high-quality care based on the Vizient Quality and Accountability Study.
- Froedtert Health earned a 2022 Diversity Impact Awards™ Top 10 Diversity Action Award from the Global ERG Network.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation recognized Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital and Froedtert West Bend Hospital as "Top Performers in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality" for protecting our LGBTQ patients and employees from discrimination, ensuring equal visitation for LGBTQ people and providing staff training in LGBTQ patient-centered care.
5. Our doctors and staff.
Our health network includes more than 2,700 physicians and advanced practice providers. An academic medical center attracts physicians with a sustained passion for the delivery and application of new treatments. The concentration of faculty physicians and researchers collaborating in close proximity is a direct contributor to the depth and breadth of services provided to the benefit to the community. Our nurses, physician assistants and other clinical staff demonstrate a commitment to our patients that results in numerous awards and national recognition.