4 potatoes, sliced
6 carrots, sliced
1 large onion, quartered
1 chicken, raw, cut into pieces with skin removed
½ cup water
1 teaspoon thyme
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes, carrots and onions in a large roasting pan.
- Put chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
- Mix water, thyme and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Spoon juices over chicken once or twice during cooking.
- Bake for one hour or more until browned and tender.
Serving size: ⅙ of recipe
Carbohydrate: 25 grams
Sugar: 10 grams
Fat: 3.5 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Sodium: 130 milligrams
Fiber: 4 grams
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.