Salmon is known as one of the most nutritious foods available and ideal for most diets. This popular fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and B vitamins. It's also a good source of potassium and a great protein that is recognized for supporting health in several ways, including brain health and overall weight management. If you love salmon and looking for different ways to prepare it for your meals, this BBQ-roasted salmon recipe uses a few simple ingredients and is packed with flavor.
BBQ Salmon Ingredients
4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
BBQ Rub Ingredients
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
¾ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions for Cooking BBQ Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice and salmon fillets in a resealable bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for one hour, turning occasionally. Remove the salmon from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Combine the remainder of the ingredients and BBQ spice rub over the fish. Place fillets in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the desired doneness. For crispier edges, cook for between 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Serve with lemon slice garnish and sliced grilled pineapple (optional)
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Fat: 6 grams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrate: 7 grams
Cholesterol: 88 milligrams
Sodium: 407 milligrams
Sugar: 6 grams
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.