8 chicken breast cutlets (pounded thin)—3 oz each
½ cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 tablespoons egg whites/egg beaters, divided
5 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry of any liquid
6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
6 oz part skim mozzarella—shredded, divided
Non-stick cooking spray
1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450º degrees
- Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt & pepper
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- Place ¼ cup egg whites in another bowl.
- Combine 1.5 oz mozzarella cheese with remaining grated parmesan cheese, spinach, remaining 2 tbsp egg whites, and ricotta cheese.
- Lay seasoned, pounded chicken cutlets on working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixtures on each.
- Loosely roll each cutlet, keeping the seam side down and secure with a toothpick or two.
- Dip the chicken rolls in egg whites, then in breadcrumb mixture and place seam-side down in greased baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray chicken rollantinis with non-stick spray.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer reads 165°F.
- Remove, top with marinara sauce and remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 3 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with additional sauce on side and grated parmesan cheese.
1 serving (~1 stuffed breast)
Total calories: 268
Total fat: 9 g
Total carbohydrates: 8 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 36 g
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.