1 T. reduced-calorie margarine
½ c. scallions, chopped (about 5 scallions)
8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
3 T. all-purpose flour
¼ t. garlic powder
1/8 t. black pepper
1 c. fat-free chicken broth
½ c. fat-free skim milk
½ lb. cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
¼ c. canned pimentos, drained and sliced (about equal to a 2 oz. jar)
2 T. sherry cooking wine
3 ½ T. grated parmesan cheese
8 oz. uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds and cooked
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring, about 5 minutes
- Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper, broth, and milk in small bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to saucepan. Cook until mixture boils and thicken, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, pimentos, and sherry. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and cooked spaghetti and toss gently.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (about 1 cup)
Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrate: 25 grams
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 175 mg
Sugar: 1.5 grams
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.