1 Tbsp. reduced-calorie margarine
½ cup scallions, chopped (about 5 scallions)
8 ounce button mushrooms, sliced
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
½ cup fat-free skim milk
½ pound cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
¼ cup canned pimentos, drained and sliced (about equal to a 2 ounce jar)
2 Tbsp. sherry cooking wine
3½ Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
8 ounce uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds and cooked
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add scallions and mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring, about 5 minutes
- Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper, broth, and milk in small bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to saucepan. Cook until mixture boils and thicken, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, pimentos, and sherry. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and cooked spaghetti and toss gently.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (about 1 cup)
Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrate: 25 grams
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 175 mg
Sugar: 1.5 grams
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.