1/3 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
1/8 tsp. paprika
12 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast tenders (about 10 pieces)
1/3 cup bran cereal (Original Fiber One® or similar type)
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. dry onion soup mix
Optional: salt, to taste
- In a large sealable container or plastic bag, combine buttermilk with paprika and mix well.
- Add chicken and coat completely. Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Pour crumbs into a large bowl.
- Add panko breadcrumbs and onion soup mix. If you like, add a dash or two of salt. Mix thoroughly.
- One at a time, remove each piece of chicken from container/bag, give it a shake (to get rid of excess buttermilk), coat it evenly with the crumb mixture, and lay it flat on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip carefully (tongs work well!), and then bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked through.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1/3 recipe or about 3 pieces):
Total calories: 210
Total Fat: 3.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 17g
Total Fiber: 3.5g
Total Sugar: 2g
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.