Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
¼ cup hot water
1 package (1.4 oz) sugar-free, fat-free chocolate fudge instant pudding
1 cup cold skim milk
16 ounces silken tofu
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the hot water and unflavored gelatin. Set aside and allow to firm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cold skim milk and instant pudding mix.
- Dice the tofu into ½- to 1-inch cubes and place in bowl with pudding mixture. Quickly whisk together to break up the soy cubes.
- Add the vanilla extract and optional cocoa powder and peppermint extract.
- Spoon the pudding and tofu mixture into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. You may need to blend for about 5 seconds and hand mix or shake the contents so that the motor does not stick.
- Once the mixture has a smoothie-like texture, gradually add the gelatin until well combined and blend again.
- Pour into a glass 8-inch dish, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm. The longer it sits, the firmer it will become.
- Cut into eight portions and enjoy!
Serving size: ½ cup or 2-inch square
Carbohydrate: 6 grams
Fat: 1 grams (0 grams saturated)
Protein: 5 grams
Cholesterol: 1 milligram
Sodium: 181 milligrams
Fiber: 0 grams
As the holiday season approaches, it can be difficult to refrain from holiday sweets and treats. This silky fudge recipe is a good substitute for those Christmas cookies. Savor the flavor of this decadent chocolate dessert that you and your family will never believe contains tofu. As always, stay mindful of your servings and calorie count. Desserts still matter.
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.