As the holiday season approaches, it can be difficult to stay away from tempting holiday sweets and treats. This silky chocolate fudge soy dessert recipe is a good substitute for those Christmas cookies. Savor the flavor of this decadent chocolate dessert; You and your family will never believe contains protein-rich silken tofu as a base. As always, stay mindful of your servings and calorie count.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Silky Chocolate Fudge Soy Pudding
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
¼ cup hot water
1 package (1.4 oz) sugar-free, fat-free chocolate fudge instant pudding
1 cup cold skim milk
16 ounces silken tofu
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
Directions for Making Silky Chocolate Fudge Soy Pudding
- In a small bowl, mix the hot water and unflavored gelatin. Set aside and allow to firm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cold skim milk and instant pudding mix.
- Dice the tofu into ½- to 1-inch cubes and place in bowl with pudding mixture. Quickly whisk together to break up the soy cubes.
- Add the vanilla extract and optional cocoa powder and peppermint extract.
- Spoon the pudding and tofu mixture into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. You may need to blend for about 5 seconds and hand mix or shake the contents so that the motor does not stick.
- Once the mixture has a smoothie-like texture, gradually add the gelatin until well combined and blend again.
- Pour into a glass 8-inch dish or 8 separate dessert bowls, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm. The longer it sits, the firmer it will become.
Serving size: ½ cup or 2-inch square
Carbohydrate: 6 grams
Fat: 1 grams (0 grams saturated)
Protein: 5 grams
Cholesterol: 1 milligram
Sodium: 181 milligrams
Fiber: 0 grams
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.