3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 can tomato puree (29 oz)
1½ cups plain Greek yogurt (12 oz)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Garam masala
1 tbsp cumin
½ tbsp paprika
¾ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp ground black pepper
1-3 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on taste)
2 bay leaves
Chopped cilantro for topping
- Place everything up to bay leaves in large bowl.
- With a spatula, stir to combine and coat chicken well.
- Gently place into slow cooker, add bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve topped with cilantro.
***Typically served over brown rice. It is also delicious by itself, depending on the stage of your diet.
NUTRITION FACTS (1/10 recipe)
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 151 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 12 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 45 g
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.