Bring a healthy version of this classic dish to your next gathering. This deviled egg recipe substitutes Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise and the paprika, spicy mustard and black pepper provide a flavor kick. Recommended as part of a post-bariatric surgery diet and enjoyed by all.
6 hard-boiled eggs (You will not use three of the yolks in this recipe.)
2 Tablespoons of creamy horseradish sauce or Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon dill
¼ teaspoon spicy mustard (Use Dijon for mild deviled eggs.)
⅛ teaspoon salt
Dash of black pepper and paprika
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place 3 yolks into a mixing bowl, and set the whites aside. (Save the other three yolks for another use.)
- Mash the yolks with creamy horseradish sauce or Greek yogurt, dill, mustard and salt.
- Spoon or pipe filling into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING
Serving Size: 2 deviled eggs
Fat: 8.7 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrate: 1 grams
Cholesterol: 225 mg
Sodium: 219 mg
Sugar: 0 grams
Virtual Visits Are Available
Safe and convenient virtual visits by video let you get the care you need via a mobile device, tablet or computer wherever you are. We'll assess your condition and develop a treatment plan right away. To schedule a virtual visit, call 414-777-7700.
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.