This quick and easy take on stuffed french toast is delicious and a great addition to anyone's breakfast menu. We keep it low in sugar by using sugar-free preserves and added protein by using egg whites and fat-free ricotta cheese. Try this for your next Saturday or Sunday morning meal and enjoy!
Ingredients to Make Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
4 slices reduced-calorie bread (35kcal per slice)
½ cup fat-free ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp sugar-free strawberry preserves
1-2 packets of stevia or sugar substitute (optional)
3 egg whites
Dash of salt
Dash of vanilla extract
Directions for Making Stuffed French Toast
- Mix ricotta cheese and strawberry preserves into a mixing bowl.
- Divide ricotta evenly between 2 slices of bread.
- Sprinkle one packet of sugar substitute on each piece of bread.
- Place remaining bread on top, making 2 sandwiches.
- Beat egg whites. Add a dash of salt and a dash of vanilla to egg whites and stir.
- Dip sandwiches in egg whites and fry in a non-stick skillet with a small amount of cooking spray.
- Brown on both sides.
Fat: .5 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrate: 27 grams
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Sodium: 659 mg
Sugar: 8 grams