1 pound lean pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
15 oz canned, unsweetened pineapple chunks
½ cup water
¼ cup Splenda brown sugar blend
2 Tbsp corn starch
½ tsp table salt
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 medium green peppers, sliced (as tolerated)
1 small onion, sliced (as tolerated)
3 cups cooked brown rice
1/3 cup wine vinegar
- Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from skillet.
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce, and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl. Add to skillet and cook until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add pork to skillet and cook on low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion, and pineapple chunks and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING (1 cup of pork mixture and ½ cup of rice)
Fat: 3.5 grams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrate: 36 grams
Cholesterol: 60 mg
Sodium: 354 mg
Sugar: 8 grams
Preparing for Bariatric Surgery
Learn more about bariatric surgery and what to expect.