- Tuesday, Jul. 7, 2020 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jul. 9, 2020 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jul. 14, 2020 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
During your last weeks of pregnancy, thoughts and concerns center on the upcoming birth of your baby. The traditional weeknight series classes are offered for three nights.
To obtain your preference for dates, please register for classes early in your pregnancy and plan to finish the series at least four weeks before your due date. To get the full benefit of the class, it is recommended that a coach/support person attend all classes with you.
After attending this series, you will be able to:
- Identify warning signs in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Identify signs and symptoms of true vs. false labor and be able to time contractions.
- Identify when to contact your physician and come to the hospital.
- Describe the stages and phases of labor.
- Demonstrate comfort measures that may be used while in labor.
- State routine labor care and methods of pain relief available at Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital.
- Describe medical interventions that may be utilized during labor and delivery.
- List reasons a cesarean section may be necessary.
- Describe routine hospital care and the recovery process.
- Describe routine newborn hospital care.
- Recognize physical and behavioral characteristics of the newborn.
- Verbalize normal feeding and sleeping patterns of newborns.
- Demonstrate how to hold, swaddle, calm, burp and diaper a baby.
We encourage you to take the online class. Please note these precautions.
- Couples may sit together at tables placed 6 feet apart.
- Screen all participants and instructor for symptoms prior to each session
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer before class (sanitizer available in classroom).
- Only patients delivering at Froedtert Menomonee Falls may enroll.
- Participants and instructor will wear mask (follow current hospital policy).
- No tour is included.