- Monday, Dec. 2, 2019 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 9, 2019 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
During your last weeks of pregnancy, thoughts and concerns center on the upcoming birth of your baby. The traditional weeknight series classes are offered for three nights.
To obtain your preference for dates, please register for classes early in your pregnancy and plan to finish the series at least four weeks before your due date. To get the full benefit of the class, it is recommended that a coach/support person attend all classes with you. A tour of the Birth Center is included. You may bring snacks, drink and/or dinner with you.
After attending this series, you will be able to:
- Identify warning signs in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Identify signs and symptoms of true vs. false labor and be able to time contractions.
- Identify when to contact your physician and come to the hospital.
- Describe the stages and phases of labor.
- Demonstrate comfort measures that may be used while in labor.
- State routine labor care and methods of pain relief available at Community Memorial Hospital.
- Describe medical interventions that may be utilized during labor and delivery.
- List reasons a cesarean section may be necessary.
- Describe routine hospital care and the recovery process.
- Describe routine newborn hospital care.
- Recognize physical and behavioral characteristics of the newborn.
- Verbalize normal feeding and sleeping patterns of newborns.
- Demonstrate how to hold, swaddle, calm, burp and diaper a baby.
Additional Dates: Classes are offered at the beginning of the month in February, April, June, August, October and December.