This program is for nurses, dialysis technicians and staff. Meet at 8 a.m. in Community Conference Room 2 of the Wisconsin Athletic Club on Watertown Plank Road. Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Discussion topics include:
- Indications for kidney transplantation
- The recipient evaluation process
- Living donor evaluation
- Organ allocation
- Bariatric considerations for the transplant patient
- Post-operative management of kidney transplant patient
- The post-transplant coordinator role and long-term management of the post-transplant patient
- Outpatient care of the kidney transplant recipient
- Recipient/living donor panel
- Financial considerations for transplant
- Transplant social services
Class sizes are limited to 25 participants per session.
Application has been made to The American Board for Transplant Certification for approval of up to 5.5 Category 1 Continuing Education Points for Transplant Nurses and Coordinators (CEPTC’s).
Community Conference Center, Room 2