This group is designed to support women with their well-being and developing healthy thoughts and emotions as they transition into the role of mother.
Who Should Attend
The group is for women in the third trimester of pregnancy through six months after the birth of baby. Infants are welcome to attend.
This is a recurring group that begins the first Monday of each month and runs for four weeks from 12-1:15 p.m. The last 15 minutes of each session include open discussion. Attendees are welcome to stay or leave depending on their personal schedule.
- Understanding what are normal vs. concerning mood symptoms
- Developing realistic expectations for postpartum adjustment
- Practicing caring for yourself and developing a support system
- Increasing awareness of thoughts, feelings and behavior
- Developing healthy thinking styles
- Strengthening identity and values as a mother
This group is educational and skill-based. It is not intended to assess or diagnose individual mental health conditions.
This is a closed group. If you do not start at the beginning of the month, you are asked to wait to begin attending the following month.
Call 414-805-7296 or stop by the Froedtert Hospital OB/GYN Clinic front desk to register.
Clinical Cancer Center, Conference Room O