We have received many offers of help from our community, including the sewing of masks. We are extremely grateful for these offers. Please see donation and supply requests below. Again, we’re tremendously grateful for your offers of support.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, we are monitoring our supply needs. While our locations are still currently stocked, we have been getting calls and e-mails from grateful individuals and suppliers who are willing to donate personal protective equipment (PPE) for our staff.

To that end, and in hope of preventing additional illnesses, we are now accepting donations of new and unused PPE. Types of PPE that we are accepting include:

• Masks – As the CDC has revised its acceptable mask guidelines for the prevention of infection, we are accepting both N95 respirator and ear loop surgical masks. These masks can also be sometimes used in the construction industry. We will gladly accept any new and unused masks from construction sites.

• Eye Protection – Similarly, any clean eye protection is also being accepted. This includes goggles and safety glasses from other industries that may have slowed due to social distancing.

• Hand Sanitizer – As you can never have enough, we are accepting personal-sized hand sanitizers. Please note that, per CDC guidelines, we can only accept sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.

• Hand-Sewn Masks – We will accept hand-sewn masks that follow the instructions we provided thanks to our friends at Mount Mary University. Click the button below for guidelines and pattern details.

Hand-Sewn Mask Instructions

• Other – If you know of a manufacturer looking to support health care providers, or you’d like us to consider other donations, please e-mail donation@froedtert.com.

Additionally, in an effort to ensure that we can properly deliver necessary care, please be cognizant of any extra ventilators, perhaps from any veterinary practices, that you may encounter. We would be happy to accept those, as well.

If you have any of the above supplies and are willing to donate them to our health network, you’d be playing a major part in helping our community and health care workers stay healthy and preventing the further spread of the virus.

How to Contact Us About Donations

Please note that, at this time, this e-mail is monitored Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

• E-mail donation@froedtert.com
  • Visit the donation box between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday at:

Menomonee Falls location – Drop-off or mailed donations
    Integrated Service Center
    N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
    Menomonee Falls, WI 53051

Wauwatosa location – Drop-off donations only
    Medical Office Building – Bluemound Hospital
    601 N. 99th St.
    Wauwatosa, WI 53226

To protect our patients, staff and the donors, no donations can be accepted at any of the Froedtert & MCW hospitals or health centers.

Add new comment

Dee
Earnshaw
on March 28, 2020 - 4:14 pm

Hi,
I am excited to see that you are accepting handmade masks - I would LOVE to help.
Do you sterilize these masks before using?
Would you reuse these masks or are they used only once?
thanks so much for your amazing service - we are all so grateful for your work:)
Dee

on March 31, 2020 - 9:56 am

Hello Dee –
Thank you for reaching out about creating hand-sewn masks. Since these hand-sewn masks are made of fabric, we will ensure that they are properly cleaned and reused.
Thanks for your generosity and support!
-Taylor

Stacey
Herchian
on March 28, 2020 - 11:33 am

Do you have any drop off locations south of Milwaukee Airport?

on March 30, 2020 - 3:10 pm

Hi Stacey –
Thanks for reaching out. At this time, we have two centralized drop-off locations in order to keep the distribution of the donations streamlined. However, if mailing them is easier, you can mail them to this address:
Integrated Service Center
ATTN: PPE Donations
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Thanks again for your patience, generosity and support!
-Taylor

Kenosha
Sewingenthusiast
on March 28, 2020 - 10:51 am

I'm making several masks, using the pattern you provided. (Thank you.) Will you be adding a drop-off location closer to Kenosha, for those of us who are based there? In light of shelter-in-place concerns, this sounds like an important addition.
Or is there a daily shuttle or other form of transport, by which masks could be dropped off at Froedtert South (or one of your Kenosha locations) and delivered to your central spots? Thanks.

on March 30, 2020 - 3:07 pm

Hello Kenosha Sewingenthusiast –
Integrated Service Center
ATTN: PPE Donations
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
If you’re interested in donating to Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital or Froedtert Kenosha Hospital, they have a hotline that can answer your questions: (262) 671-7000.
Thanks again for your patience, generosity and support!
-Taylor

Jamie
Ya
on March 28, 2020 - 10:10 am

I do not live in the Milwaukee area. Where can I mail my donation?

on March 30, 2020 - 3:02 pm

Hello Jamie –
Thanks for your offer to ship hand-sewn masks, and thank you for your patience as we work to streamline our donation process. You can mail them to this address:
Integrated Service Center
ATTN: PPE Donations
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Thanks again for your patience, generosity and support!
-Taylor

Susan
Hall
on March 27, 2020 - 10:17 pm

I live in northern WI, and wondering if there is an address where I can mail the masks?

on March 30, 2020 - 3:00 pm

Hello Susan –
Integrated Service Center
ATTN: PPE Donations
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Thanks again for your patience, generosity and support!
-Taylor

Maija
Rettler
on March 27, 2020 - 9:26 pm

First, thanks to you, all medical & support staff. We all realize sewn masks don't protect against covid-19. How does Froedtert and its partners expect to use these sewn masks?

on March 31, 2020 - 10:11 am

Hi Maija –
Thanks for your question. At this time, the hand-sewn masks will be available for non-symptomatic patients.
Thanks,
Taylor

Lori
Zingsheim
on March 27, 2020 - 8:13 pm

Debra,
Children's Hospital has a different pattern on their website. They include the bridge piece and are smaller to fit children. I've made a few of them as well as some I found on Youtube. There must be a dozen different patterns and every hospital has its own specifications, so you can donate to more than one hospital if you so desire.

on March 30, 2020 - 4:07 pm

Hi Lori –
Thank you for your comments about the various patterns, but it is important for us to maintain one approved standard so we can be certain the masks can be used safely; therefore, we are only able to accept masks that follow the pattern that we linked in our blog.
We hope you understand our need to support one standard pattern.
Thanks,
Taylor

kristen
velasquez
on March 27, 2020 - 3:29 pm

Good Afternoon,
I am a RN working on a project with My Choice Family in WI. How do community patients obtain masks? Who can they reach out to or are you just providing for staff members?

Thank you!
Kristen

on March 27, 2020 - 4:41 pm

Hi Kristen –
We are taking steps to ensure everybody is safe, including patients, visitors and our staff. If you’re visiting a health center and have concerns, please make sure they are known to staff at the time.
Thanks,
Taylor

DEB
SIRI JOHANNES
on March 27, 2020 - 2:08 pm

Your posted mask instructions do not include a way to hold a conformable bridge piece to make the masks more form fitting. There are several other hospital patterns that include this. If I modify your design slightly to include a bridge piece, will you accept it? My change would be to leave two 1" horizontal non-stitched openings when sewing the top band onto the mask. That allows a bridge piece, such as a pipecleaner or floral wire piece, to be inserted, and removed/replaced as needed. I've tried it and the mask works quite well with the insert and yet does not interfere with the design in any cases where no insert is available. I have purchased 100 pipecleaners from Jo-Ann Fabric and would like to make masks for you that are form fit, if you will accept them. If you have questions, I could send a picture of one I've made.

Thank you for all you do.

on March 27, 2020 - 4:04 pm

Hi Deb -
Thank you for your suggestion about including a bridge piece, but it is important for us to maintain one approved standard so we can be certain the masks can be used safely. Please follow the hand-sewn mask pattern as exactly as you can. We hope you understand our need to support one standard pattern.
Thanks,
Taylor

Adria
Willenson
on March 27, 2020 - 10:12 am

Thank you for all you do. My family and I would like to create face shields using polyfoam, elastic and vinyl. Would you accept these donations?

on March 27, 2020 - 4:06 pm

Hi Adria –
Thank you for your suggestion about using alternative materials, but it is important for us to maintain one approved standard so we can be certain the masks can be used safely. Please follow the hand-sewn mask pattern as exactly as you can.
We hope you understand our need to support one standard pattern.
Thanks,
Taylor

Debra
Chappelle
on March 27, 2020 - 9:58 am

I have been waiting to learn what are Froedhert's guidelines for making cloth face masks. I would appreciate having a contact person to ask one specific question about the materials so I can finish the project I've started.

Cathy
Bromberek
on March 27, 2020 - 4:34 pm

I can help with your questions as I’ve already made masks.

on March 27, 2020 - 4:02 pm

Hi Debra -
I have sent you an e-mail with a link to this blog, which includes updated pattern information. That message will come from digitalcom@froedtert.com. I also sent you an e-mail to the address you included in your comment submission after your last comment. If you have another e-mail address you'd like me to reach you at, please reply with that.
Thanks,
Taylor

Sue
Petkovsek
on March 27, 2020 - 9:29 am

I want to make masks for you. Do I send them to one of the address listed above?

on March 30, 2020 - 11:07 am

Hello Sue –
Integrated Service Center
ATTN: PPE Donations
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Thanks again for your patience, generosity and support!
-Taylor

Christie
Gilly
on March 27, 2020 - 8:30 am

Hi, I sent my husband over to the 10000 W Bluemound Rd. donation site, can you tell me what he should be looking for? - thank you.

Cathy
Bromberek
on March 28, 2020 - 3:13 pm

The donation site is actually down 99th street, 3rd driveway at the loading docks. They said they will be putting signage up.

on March 27, 2020 - 3:51 pm

Hi Christie -
Thank you for reaching out. The Wauwatosa drop-off location is near the Milwaukee County Zoo entrance.
Thanks!
-Taylor

Anne
Osmon
on March 27, 2020 - 8:16 am

Thank you for all you do to keep us safe. We all appreciate you. No need to respond, you are very busy. Just wanted to share my appreciation. :)

Valerie
Paul
on March 27, 2020 - 6:47 am

Do we have to make ties, or are elastic loops permitted? Elastic would make production a bit faster, but I understand either way. I'm excited to help out!

on March 27, 2020 - 3:46 pm

Hi Valerie –
Thank you for your question about using elastic instead of fabric ties, but it is important for us to maintain one approved standard so we can be certain the masks can be used safely. Please follow the pattern exactly for hand-sewn masks. We hope you understand our need to support one standard pattern.
Thanks,
Taylor

Mary
Zdero
on March 26, 2020 - 3:24 pm

Hello! Can we mail them to Froedtert hospital? Thank you!

on March 30, 2020 - 11:04 am

Hello Mary –
Integrated Service Center
ATTN: PPE Donations
N86 W12999 Nightingale Way
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Thanks again for your patience, generosity and support!
-Taylor

Pat
Schesta
on March 26, 2020 - 1:11 pm

Hi, I just sent email to your purchasing dept email about making face masks. I retired at age 71 as a RN from Froedtert Hospital January 2019. Also my daughter Is a CRNA at Froedtert Hospital. I will make masks per your pdf specifications and if possible have them used at Froedtert. I have your drop off address. Anything to help!! Thanks

on March 27, 2020 - 9:06 am

Hi Pat - Thanks for sharing your story and for your generosity. We appreciate it!
Thanks,
Taylor

Leah
Powers
on March 26, 2020 - 12:49 pm

Can we use elastic for ties instead of fabric ties? Can we drop off at local Froedtert location. I don’t live anywhere near the listed two locations. - I worked during the drop off time.
Thank you.

on March 27, 2020 - 3:43 pm

Hi Leah -
Thank you for your suggestion about using elastic instead of fabric ties, but it is important for us to maintain one approved standard so we can be certain the masks can be used safely. We hope you understand our need to support one standard pattern.
Additionally, to protect our patients, staff and the donors, no donations can be accepted at any of the Froedtert & MCW hospitals or health centers, including Froedtert Hospital.
Thanks,
Taylor

David
Klann
on March 26, 2020 - 12:06 pm

Thanks to the Medical Community - front lines & support!
I was eventually able to drop off some spare surgical masks at the Menomonee Falls location, after finding the 10000 W Bluemound location to be the shuttered former Milwaukee Heart Hospital.
...per gMaps: https://goo.gl/maps/niQoTepRxUJpwqg2A
Please help us help you by updating your website with correct information :)
Thanks again!

on March 27, 2020 - 3:38 pm

Hi David -
Thanks!
-Taylor

Ronna
Gremminger
on March 26, 2020 - 10:45 am

I am an experienced sewer/quilter and would like to make masks. My "stash" is primarily 100% quilting cotton. However when doubled, faint light does show through the weave. Is this okay? If not, could I add a piece of muslin between the 2 fabric layers? Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Ronna Gremminger

on March 27, 2020 - 4:23 pm

Hi Ronna –
Thank you for your question about including a piece of muslin between layers, but it is important for us to maintain one approved standard so we can be certain the masks can be used safely. Please follow the hand-sewn mask pattern as exactly as you can, without adding the extra layer of muslin.
We hope you understand our need to support one standard pattern.
Thanks,
Taylor

FLORA
BUSH
on March 26, 2020 - 10:41 am

Hi -
Is the hospital in Pleasant Prairie accepting the type of homemade masks suggested for dropoff in Wauwatosa & Menomonee Falls? Boy Scout troop in Kenosha looking to do this in our area.

on March 27, 2020 - 4:20 pm

Hi Flora –
Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital has its own set of protocols. You can reach them at their hotline: (262) 671-7000.
Thanks for your generosity and support!
-Taylor

Charlene
Miske
on March 26, 2020 - 9:19 am

I would like to have the details for the masks. Thank you
Charlene Miske

on March 27, 2020 - 8:55 am

Hi Charlene -
I sent you an e-mail with a link to this blog and the pattern directly. Thank you for your generosity and support!
Thanks,
Taylor

Kim
Wendelborn
on March 26, 2020 - 7:31 am

That you for providing guide lines. I will get sewing on these right away. Stay Safe!

on March 27, 2020 - 9:08 am

Hi Kim -
Thank you for your support and lending us your sewing skills!
-Taylor

Yen
Tuong
on March 25, 2020 - 9:50 pm

Hi, I able contact a person who has connection with the a manufacturer in HongKong. They are looking to support health care providers. I sent them the address, and email above to contact. As I know they sent a couple thousands N95 marks to some hospital at CA and TX. Hopefully, we will get a great news soon.