Froedtert West Bend Hospital's mission speaks to our commitment to improving the quality of life for the communities we serve. To that end, we reach beyond the walls of our hospital into Washington County with a diverse offering of services and programs that benefit "vulnerable populations" — people with limited/affordable access to health care services.
We are proud of our commitment to your health and well-being. One step at a time, Froedtert West Bend Hospital (formerly known as St. Joseph’s Hospital) will continue to improve the quality of life in our community and beyond.
Community Health Needs Assessment
In June 2016, Froedtert West Bend Hospital collaborated on a community health needs assessment with JKV Research, LLC, along with Aurora Health Care, Children’s Wisconsin and Washington County Public Health Department. The assessment was the compilation of state, county and community health assessments along with interviews from 20 different community informants ranging from school district representatives, public health officials, non-profit health and human service professionals, police departments, free clinics and business professionals throughout Washington County.
The following reports are instrumental in prioritizing significant health needs with in our community to implement strategies for the overall improvement.
- 2016 Washington County Community Health Survey Report
- 2016 Washington County Key Informant Results
- 2016 Washington County Secondary Data Sources
- 2014 Washington County Community Health Survey Report
- 2014 Washington County Key Informant Results
- 2014 Washington County Secondary Data Sources
- 2011 St. Joseph's Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment
Key Areas of Community Health Care Needs
Our community benefit efforts are based on identified community health needs established from a community health needs assessment conducted in 2015.
Identified community health needs:
- Access to health care services and navigation of community resources
- Mental health/alcohol and other drug abuse
- Chronic disease prevention and management
Froedtert West Bend Hospital CHNA Report (2018-2020)
Froedtert West Bend Hospital Implementation Strategy (2018-2020)
St. Joseph’s Hospital Implementation Strategy (2015-2017)
St. Joseph’s Hospital Implementation Strategy (2014)
Community Engagement by the Numbers
Froedtert West Bend Hospital's total benefit to the community in fiscal year 2019 was more than $10 million.