Visualase® provides advanced MRI-guided laser ablation technology. Laser energy is delivered to the target area using a laser applicator. As light is delivered through the laser applicator, temperatures in the target area begin to rise, destroying the unwanted tissue.
Because Visualase procedures are guided by MRI images, the procedure can provide precise ablation. Due to the minimally invasive nature of the procedure, hospital stays have been reported to be reduced compared to open procedures.
Advantages of Visualase Laser Ablation Technology
- Most procedures are completed in less time as compared to open procedures
- Most patients have little or no hair removed
- Minimal sutures required, typically a 1-stitch suture
- Most patients are discharged after a shorter stay as compared to open procedures
- Reduced scarring compared to open procedures