Use this website to apply for clinical placement within Froedtert Health for the following programs: Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), Master's in Nursing-Education, Master's in Nursing-Leadership, Master's in Nursing-General Focus, Master's in Nursing-Education (MSN, MS, MN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Post Master's Certificates and Doctorate in Nursing (PhD, DNP).
Students interested in clinical placement at Froedtert Health, including Community Physician Clinics, with a Froedtert Health Preceptor, must apply and include a resume. At this time, we are only accepting applications from students who are current Froedtert Health staff members (exception: student midwives and clinical nurse specialist students). Completing an application does not guarantee placement.
Your application deadline depends on the date your clinical starts
- January – May start date, application deadline is Sept. 15.
- June – August start date, application deadline is Jan. 31.
- September – December start date, application deadline is April 15.
Students interested in placement with a Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) provider must apply through the Medical College of Wisconsin. Special note: All physician assistant students should apply through the MCW application process.
For Froedtert South student requests (Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital), please contact the medical center directly. The Froedtert Health affiliation agreement does not cover student placements at these locations.
An affiliation agreement and program memorandum is required prior to student placement for each clinical experience. Please check the Froedtert Health Affiliations list for your school name. If your school is not listed, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the affiliation process. This process can take 6 or more months and does not guarantee placement.
Student Validation Requirements
All students placed at Froedtert Health must meet the Student Validation Requirements per the affiliation agreement.
If you are accepted for clinical placement within Froedtert Health, you must enroll in the verification system each semester at least one week prior to the start of clinical. This includes students who are Froedtert Health staff members. The Graduate/Doctorate of Nursing/ Physician Assistant handout outlines the process for verification, completing required online education, and obtaining IT access.
Once a clinical site and preceptor within Froedtert Health has been assigned, students must review the following information prior to the start of the clinical
- Student Verification Tip Sheet
- Student Unit Department Orientation Checklist
- Froedtert Health Learning Center
- Parking Information for Froedtert Hospital (to be reviewed by all students)
- Parking Information for Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital - must be reviewed by all students.
- Student Identification — All students must wear their school ID badge at all times during their clinical. If you do not have a school ID badge, a Froedtert student ID badge is required.