Clinical Pharmacist, Primary Care
Pharmacy School/Graduation Year
University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy, 2010
Residency Training Program Location/Year
- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Residency, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- PGY-2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Population Health
- Diabetes Management
- Transitions of Care
Ambulatory Diabetes Outreach Program
Awards and Certifications
- Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
- Teaching Certificate – University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Freund JE, Hart M, Weitzman E, Drury RL, Smith EE. Primary Care Pharmacists’ Role and Use of Technology in Diabetes Management in a Population Health Model in a Regional Health System. J Pharm Soc Wis. 2018;21(4):26-29.
- Moore GD, Kosirog E, Vande Griend JP, Freund JE, Saseen JJ. Expansion of Clinical Pharmacist positions through sustainable funding. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. July 2018, 75 (13) 978-981
- Freund J, Hooper-Lane C, Kraus C. Clinical Inquiry. How effective are opioids for chronic nonspecific lower back pain? J Fam Pract. 2015 September;64(9):584-585
- Freund J, Kraus C. Clinical Inquiry. Does the use of thiazide diuretics increase the risk of gout? Am Fam Physician. 2015 Oct 1;92(7):622-623.
- Freund J, Meiman J, Kraus C. Using Electronic Medical Record Data to Characterize the Level of Medication Use by Age-Groups in a Network of Primary Care Clinics. J Prim Care Community Health. 2013 Oct;4(4):286-93. Epub 2013 Jul 8.
- Freund JE, Martin BA, Kieser MA, Williams SM, Sutter SL. Improving Transitions in Care: Medication Reconciliation in the Community Pharmacy Setting After Discharge. Innov Pharm. 2013;4(2):1-6.
- Meiman J, Freund JE. Large datasets in primary care research. Ann Fam Med. 2012;10:473-474.
Running, downhill skiing, chasing after my children
Favorite Things to Do in Milwaukee
Explore all of the various restaurants!