Lead Clinical Dietitian
PGY2 Critical Care Nutrition
Pharmacy School/Graduation Year
University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.S. Dietetics (2008)
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Dietetic Internship (2009)
Mount Mary College, M.S. Dietetics (2012)
Nutrition and metabolism, critical care nutrition, enteral and parenteral nutrition support, disease-related malnutrition, and nutrition research
- Parenteral Nutrition Safety Work Group
- Delirium Prevention Work Group
- Critical care nutrition research, EN in septic shock
Awards and Certifications
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC), 2012
- Clinical Practice Award for Poster Presentation, Medical College of Wisconsin Research Day, 2014
- Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2016
- Kozeniecki M, Fritzshall R. Malnutrition Risk Assessment, Identification, and Diagnosis in Chronic Kidney Disease. Renal Nutrition Forum. 2016;35(3).
- Patel JJ, Kha V, Butler D, Kozeniecki M, Martindale R, Allen K. Organ-specific nutrition: One for the history books or still an active player? Curr Surg Rep. 2016;4:28.
- Kozeniecki M, McAndrew N, Patel JJ. ICU and process related barriers to optimizing enteral nutrition in a tertiary medical intensive care unit. Nutr Clin Pract. 2016;31(1):80-85.
- Patel J, Kozeniecki M. PRO-viding Additional Evidence for Enteral Nutrition in Septic Shock. Nutr Clin Pract. 2015; 30(6):844-845.
- Patel J, Kozeniecki M. Permissive underfeeding or standard enteral feeding in critical illness. N Engl J Med. 2015; 373(12):1173-1174.
- Kozeniecki M, Fritzshall R. Enteral Nutrition for Adults in the Hospital Setting. Nutr Clin Pract. 2015;30(5):634-651.
- Kozeniecki M. Nutrition Support Practices During the Peri-Extubation Period. Support Line. 2015;37(1):9-13.
- Patel JJ, Kozeniecki M, Biesboer A, Peppard WJ, Ray A, Thomas S, et al. Early Trophic Enteral Nutrition Is Associated With Improved Outcomes in Mechanically Ventilated Patients With Septic Shock: A Retrospective Review. J Intensive Care Med. 2016;31(7):471-477
Traveling, anything on the water, coloring, and brewery tours/beer tasting
Favorite Things to Do in Milwaukee
Fairs and festivals in the summer and taking advantage of Groupon deals