Medication Utilization Pharmacist, Center for Medication Utilization
Drug Information, Medication-Use Policy
- PGY1 Program
- Center for Medication Utilization (elective)
- Monograph requirement
- Medication use evaluation requirement
- PGY2 Medication-Use Safety and Policy Program
- Drug Information
- Advanced Drug Information
- Medical Writing and Publication
- Medication-Use Policy Operations (longitudinal)
- Advanced Medical Writing (elective)
- PGY2 Oncology Program
- Drug Policy (longitudinal)
Pharmacy School/Graduation Year
University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, 2016
Residency Training Program Location/Year
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice — Medical University of South Carolina; Charleston, SC; 2016-2017
- PGY2 Drug Information — Medical University of South Carolina; Charleston, SC; 2017-2018
Formulary management, medication utilization, health care costs and reimbursement, assessing value in health care, pharmacogenomics, data analytics
- Vizient Pharmacy Network – Member of the Pharmacy Programming, Innovation, and Engagement (PIE) Committee
- Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin – Peer Reviewer for The Journal
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists – Curriculum Vitae Reviewer
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin – Chair of Pharmacy Research Committee
- 2017 – 2024: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- 2019: Vizient Analyst Certificate
- 2018: South Carolina College of Pharmacy Academician Preparation Program Certificate
- Picone MF, New JP, Johnson MH, Desai NN, Hebbard MP. Analysis of dosing-button compliance. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2019 Nov 1;76(21):1770-1776.
- Lee B, Picone MF. What glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor and dosing strategy should be used for cerebrovascular accidents and aneurysm coil or stent placements during the abciximab (ReoPro) drug shortage? J Pharm Soc Wis. 2019 September/October;22(5):32-35.
- Picone MF, Hayes GL, Wisniewski C. Use of economic predictions to make formulary decisions. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2019 Mar 1;76(Supplement_1):S15-S20.
- Wisniewski CS, Jones EP, Weeda ER, Pilch NA, Picone MF. Chapter 10: Medical literature evaluation and biostatistics. In: Thomas D, ed. Clinical Pharmacy Education, Practice and Research: Clinical Pharmacy, Drug Information, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacoeconomics and Clinical Research. 1st ed. Cambridge, MA: Elsevier; 2018:143-162.
- Madrzyk E, Werner S, Biggs A, Picone MF. Quantifying the success rates of various types of medication restrictions within an academic health system. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Las Vegas, NV; Dec 2019.
- Reeves K, Werner S, Picone MF, Kostrzewa A, Audley T. Quantifying the rate of nonformulary medication use in an academic health system. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Las Vegas, NV; Dec 2019.
- Amundson B, Spitzer S, Nowak T, Oxencis C, Picone MF, Rhoades M, Tong N. Development of a steroid-refractory immune-related adverse event treatment guideline. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Las Vegas, NV; Dec 2019.
- Gainey KE, Patel K, Wisniewski C, New JP, Picone MF. Automatic therapeutic substitution review and evaluation. American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting; Anaheim, CA; Dec 2018.
- Lee B, Holsopple M, Picone MF, Werner S, Kostrzewa A. Verifying the value: an evaluation of existing formulary frameworks. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Anaheim, CA; Dec 2018.
- Amundson B, Holsopple M, Werner S, Picone MF, Mancuso T, Olley P. Measuring the compliance of therapeutic interchange protocols in an academic medical center. Vizient University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Network Meeting; Anaheim, CA; Dec 2018.
Pinterest crafting, traveling (ask me about Ireland!), spending time with senior cat and rescue dog
Favorite Things to Do in Milwaukee
Ask me when you see me! I don’t really have any go-to activities yet.