Clinical Pharmacist, Primary Care
Primary Care/Internal Medicine
Pharmacy School/Graduation Year
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, 2013
Residency Training Program Location/Year
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Allegheny General Hospital, 2013-2014
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care Specialty Residency, Allegheny General Hospital, 2014-2015
Chronic disease state management, population health, cardiovascular risk reduction, tobacco cessation, quality improvement, motivational interviewing
- Vaccine administration safety and standardization of workflows to reduce errors
- Opioid harm reduction and the potential role of the clinical pharmacist
Awards and Certifications
Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
- Cannon A, Nachreiner J, Buckley B, Higgins K, Maynard M, Mahlum A, Weitzman E, Lorenzen A, Hartkopf K. Ambulatory Care Practice Development: Highlighting Best Practices. JPSW. 2019;22(4):22-24.
- Freund JE, Hart M, Weitzman E, Drury RLC, Smith EE. Primary Care Pharmacists’ Role and Use of Technology in Diabetes Management in Population Health Model within a Regional Health System. JPSW. 2018;21(4):26-29.
- Impact of the 2013 Cholesterol Guidelines on Outpatient Prescribing Practices of Lipid Lowering Therapy (Abstract). 2015 ACCP Virtual Poster Symposium. Pharmacotherapy. 2015;35(5):e83.
- The Impact of a Pharmacist-provided Anticoagulation-focused Discharge Service on Anticoagulation Control in Patients Receiving Warfarin following Total Hip or Knee Replacement (Abstract). 2014 ACCP Virtual Poster Symposium. Pharmacotherapy. 2014;34(6):e100-101.
Latin and swing dancing, performing music with my bands (voice, alto saxophone, flute), exercise, yoga
Favorite Things to Do in Milwaukee
Perform and attend live music, jog along the river, discover new eateries and breweries and eat delicious Kopp’s tiramisu custard